Highlighted

Ripple delete/remove empty space from clip deletion

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to remove empty space after performing

clip.remove(true, true)

or alternatively to ripple delete a clip using Extendscript? Thanks!

Correct answer by Nick5EBA | Community Beginner

My bad! The first true parameter is in fact isRipple. Should've read the docs properly. It wasn't working because I was yet to remove the associated audio track.

Separately but related to the original question, is there a method to get a clip from the clip's project item, or should I just iterate the sequence and find the corresponding nodeIds by looping through the audio/video tracks?

TOPICS
Editing, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Ripple delete/remove empty space from clip deletion

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to remove empty space after performing

clip.remove(true, true)

or alternatively to ripple delete a clip using Extendscript? Thanks!

Correct answer by Nick5EBA | Community Beginner

My bad! The first true parameter is in fact isRipple. Should've read the docs properly. It wasn't working because I was yet to remove the associated audio track.

Separately but related to the original question, is there a method to get a clip from the clip's project item, or should I just iterate the sequence and find the corresponding nodeIds by looping through the audio/video tracks?

TOPICS
Editing, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good find!

Yes, you'd need to loop through clips to find which are associated with a given projectItem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0