• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ripple insert and move sequence markers - how to do this?

Participant ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Everyone,

I need to add about 5 seconds of blank space at the beginning of a sequence. I want all the clips and all the sequence markers to move 5 sec to the right on the timeline. In Vegas (which I've recently moved over from ) this is super simple to do. But I can't find a way to do it in PP (2017, latest release).

Track Fwd moves the clips, but not the markers.

I've tried inserting clips in the beginning, but am not getting the results I expect.

I can't even find a way to select all the sequence markers and move them together (that would be a work around).

I am sure there must be something simple that I'm missing...would be grateful for any help.

Cheers,

Lori

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Try Ctrl/Cmd + dragging from the source monitor to the beginning of the timeline.

That should insert at the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to check Marker/Ripple Sequence Markers in the menu above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've already done that. If it would work when I use the track forward tool, it would be perfect! But the tracks move and the markers stay in place.

Is there a way to select a little section of video in the source viewer and ripple insert it into the beginning? I have tried this a zillion ways, but the video ends up inserting way down my timeline, even if I have the CTI at the beginning.

If I understand correctly, being able to do that should move everything forward as well as the markers when I have "Marker/Ripple Sequence Markers" enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Ctrl/Cmd + dragging from the source monitor to the beginning of the timeline.

That should insert at the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select your extra clip in the source monitor and drag it to the left (insert before) area of the program monitor I find the clip is added and the markers move down the timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Yairb999's solution works, and I marked it as correct because it matches the best with the normal way I add clips (from the source monitor, then dragging to the timeline). Richard's solution also works, but I didn't know you were able to drag clips to the program monitor.

Thanks a million! to both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I didn't know you were able to drag clips to the program monitor.

Me neither until I experimented having read your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to also move over all my tracks to the right so I can insert something lasting about 10 seconds to start my video.

When I read the correct answer:

"Try Ctrl/Cmd + dragging from the source monitor to the beginning of the timeline.

That should insert at the beginning."

I"m just not sure what "dragging from the source monitor" means. I have a pc computer, so I assume I just first press the "ctrl" key. I assume I would just drag everything to the right, to the timeline I have marked indicating where I would like to move everything to. Is "dragging from the source monitor" the same thing as just dragging everything to the right? Does "ctrl" engage all the tracks at once so they move as one?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject.

Thanks.

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines