• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rolling Title GPU Rendering broken

Participant ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending all day testing and troubleshooting I have finally determined that the GPU Acceleration for Rolling titles is broken. 

I have 10 machines with 24 cores, 128GB ram and RTX 2080TI video cards running windows 10, latest premiere version with latest Nvidia studio drivers., SSD drives and 16GB fibre channel storage.

I finally narrowed things down to a simple test and shot a little video of my screen so there would be no conflict with any screen capture software.

If you make a 9 line rolling text everything works just fine, but when you add the 10th line the GPU is broken and it can barely play it in the timeline and rendering takes as much as 20x longer and does not use the GPU at all.

Our current project requires us to have a rolling title with 4500 lines of text running for 2.5 hours.

Premiere only works with 9 lines of text.

I can turn off GPU acceleration and it can render faster but still takes forever.

https://youtu.be/mhHRWn1aCEY

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is user-to-user peer support. To get this to the engineers, post that on their input portal, the UserVoice site.

Though I'm wondering what's causing this ... I can't replicate on my Win10 system, either manually setting the scroll with keyframes or using the built-in roll with the EGP.

I'm assuming you only have one GPU card per machine?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I posted this on that site also.

Yes only 1 GPU per machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines