Highlighted

Rolling titles impossible to edit in Essential Graphics

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I get given text files of names for credits for a production, sometimes up to 200+ names. In the good old days, I would just create a text box in the old titler, scroll down through them, make some formatting changes - change headers etc, pop a graphic on the top and a graphic at the end (which would roll with the text) - job done!

Even though EG now has the ability to roll, it's absolutely awful when the roll is a few minutes long. Next to impossible to edit on screen.  There is a vertical scroll bar on the "programme screen", but it's very buggy.  You would think you could move through the roll via the timeline, but it doesn't update on screen properly, so I just can't get to the line I may want to change.  Is there another way to edit a rolling title (in Premiere - not Photoshop or whatever) easily?  What am I missing?

For now I'm still reverting back to the legacy titler but that too is getting very buggy as it's obviously not being maintained and kept up to date with the rest of Premier.

A plea: The basic concept behind Essential graphics is good for simple titles, but for goodness sake, do not remove Legacy until you have got it right in the rolling department.

Nick Gates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rolling titles impossible to edit in Essential Graphics

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I get given text files of names for credits for a production, sometimes up to 200+ names. In the good old days, I would just create a text box in the old titler, scroll down through them, make some formatting changes - change headers etc, pop a graphic on the top and a graphic at the end (which would roll with the text) - job done!

Even though EG now has the ability to roll, it's absolutely awful when the roll is a few minutes long. Next to impossible to edit on screen.  There is a vertical scroll bar on the "programme screen", but it's very buggy.  You would think you could move through the roll via the timeline, but it doesn't update on screen properly, so I just can't get to the line I may want to change.  Is there another way to edit a rolling title (in Premiere - not Photoshop or whatever) easily?  What am I missing?

For now I'm still reverting back to the legacy titler but that too is getting very buggy as it's obviously not being maintained and kept up to date with the rest of Premier.

A plea: The basic concept behind Essential graphics is good for simple titles, but for goodness sake, do not remove Legacy until you have got it right in the rolling department.

Nick Gates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File - New - Legacy Title

or use the Master Styles feature in the essential graphics for large amounts of text

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,
You may want to upvote this bug report: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/40767334-rolling-titles-in-...

Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines