Highlighted

Rotate, 90 degs, vertical phone footage in Project/Source window

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently trying to do this using Master Clip effects (video effects> distort> transform), then rotate with effect controls.

The image rotates as expected, but the frame - in both project and source - remains vertical, so the image is clipped at both ends. It's fine when applied to timeline but I need to view a lot of material in source and my neck's hurting from looking sideways!

How do I rotate the frame as well as image please?

Many thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

you might be able to change the properties of your sources to, for example for 1080:  1080x1920 instead of 1920x1080.  I think if your phone is setup properly, the metadata should be correct so it displays correctly in premiere.  You might explore your metadata options in the bin to see if you can adjust this.   However, the simplest thing to do is just drop all your vertical clips into a new sequence, rotate the first one, select it and copy and then select the rest of the clips in the timeline and paste attributes.  

You can mark ins and outs and making sure nothing is selected in the timeline and that track targetting for video one is one and copy and then paste or paste insert into your assembly.   

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rotate, 90 degs, vertical phone footage in Project/Source window

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently trying to do this using Master Clip effects (video effects> distort> transform), then rotate with effect controls.

The image rotates as expected, but the frame - in both project and source - remains vertical, so the image is clipped at both ends. It's fine when applied to timeline but I need to view a lot of material in source and my neck's hurting from looking sideways!

How do I rotate the frame as well as image please?

Many thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

you might be able to change the properties of your sources to, for example for 1080:  1080x1920 instead of 1920x1080.  I think if your phone is setup properly, the metadata should be correct so it displays correctly in premiere.  You might explore your metadata options in the bin to see if you can adjust this.   However, the simplest thing to do is just drop all your vertical clips into a new sequence, rotate the first one, select it and copy and then select the rest of the clips in the timeline and paste attributes.  

You can mark ins and outs and making sure nothing is selected in the timeline and that track targetting for video one is one and copy and then paste or paste insert into your assembly.   

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sequence settings needs to match the rotated footage.

If you imported vertically positioned file which is showing the image on its side the sequence settings needs to be 1920x1080.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, thanks for reply, but sorry, I don't understand.

When applied to the sequence (timeline) the footage is fine with the Master Clips effect (rotation). It is rotated and fills the screen. It is the SOURCE monitor - or even project panel - that I want to adjust, so that the rotated footage is displayed full frame, not in a vertical frame which loses the ends of the image.

Perhaps that's what you were referring to? but I'd need more info to work with please.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0