• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ruler Guides Positions are Incorrect

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with the Guides that can be placed from the Rulers in the Program view window.  For some reason the value for the Guides location is half of what it should be.  For example, by adding a Guide at 50% left, the Guide is placed on the right edge of the frame, at 100%.  If the Guide is moved into the center of the frame, the value listed is 25%.  Is there a setting I am missing or is something bugged in my software?  Thank you for any help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine's not doing that. Did you turn on the 'Rulers'? Right-Click on a ruler and you can change it from Pixels to Percentage. My PP 14.4, Win2004, works correctly. I couldn't see your pictures because you simply attached them and most of us don't want to download unknown files, so please embed them using the "Landscape" tool bar option when you are editing or adding a post. Also, include some info on your system including OS and PP version.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MyerPj_0-1602190218940.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried trashing preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you by any chance scaled the display up in the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was waiting to see the screen shots and what OS the OP was using, but this was going to be my first question / suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Im responding almost a a year later, but someone else replied and reminded me I had even made this post.

Yes, it turned out the Surface I was using was scaling to 200%. Luckily a few months later my boss was able to get the department some updated desktops so I haven't needed to worry about this since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Dude

I get the same problem as you did.

How did you solve that eventually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turned out that the Surface I was using had a high enough resolution that the default scaling was set to 200% so that everything on screen was big enough to be visable but have high resolution. For me,  I could change the scaling to 100%, and things worked correctly, but images were tiny. I think if you set the scaling to 100%, restart, then change the scaling to 200% images will look big but under the hood adobe was still using the 100% scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines