Highlighted

Rush, Creative Cloud red screen exclamation point

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know many have posted on this topic but I have not seen answers applicable to my case, yet. 

I edited some videos on one lap top, they played and appeared just fine. Edited different videos on a different laptop, they are still playing fine. However between the two laptops many videos show the red screen/exclamation point which I guess denotes missing files, while some portions of the videos are fine. It's been over 24 hours and I can not see most of my content on either computer.

Is there something I need to do in setting up Creative Cloud that I have not? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rush, Creative Cloud red screen exclamation point

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know many have posted on this topic but I have not seen answers applicable to my case, yet. 

I edited some videos on one lap top, they played and appeared just fine. Edited different videos on a different laptop, they are still playing fine. However between the two laptops many videos show the red screen/exclamation point which I guess denotes missing files, while some portions of the videos are fine. It's been over 24 hours and I can not see most of my content on either computer.

Is there something I need to do in setting up Creative Cloud that I have not? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each computer needs to be either on a system with shared storage, or have all the files on each computer. Premiere Pro simply references the file name/location and other metadata on the storage, it does not recreate the clips into the program or the project.

So if you have some media on one computer, share the project file via the Cloud, and bring it up on another computer ... that computer doesn't have the media 'locally' so it will have missing media.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 1