Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RX 5700XT not recognized by Premiere Pro and After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

My RX 5700XT is not being recognized by Premiere, or by After Effects. I have seen multiple reports and benchmarks with the 5700xt, so I would imagine it should work.

I tried contacting Adobe Support, however they say that because it is not in the Recommended GPU list, it does not work. I have however seen multiple sources stating this GPU does (or did) work in premiere.

Is there anyone with the same issue, or anyone that knows a possible fix? The GPU is recognized and used by other software, such as Photoshop, and various Game Engines.

I tried:

1. Rebooting

2. Updating Premiere & AE (running the latest CC updates)

3. Reinstalling AMD drivers

4. Adding Premiere to the AMD software games list and starting from there

5. Disabling windows Game Mode

There are no integrated graphics (using a 3700x CPU).

I never noticed it, as most of my editing has been low-power, and I never checked the GPU settings. However I am currently working on some 360 footage, and am really noticing that I am maxing out my CPU all the time. So I cannot say whether it has worked before.

I hope someone can help.

Much Regards

Details:

Using Windows 10

Premiere 14.6.0

AMD Software 20.11.2

Specs: X570 motherboard, 32gb 3200mhz ram, rx 5700XT GPU, 3700x CPU.

Source footage: Varying footage kinds, Mostly MP4 & PNG files, largely screengrabs from 1440 and 1080p monitors, 30hz rate (mostly), happens in all projects I open

No error message

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, i don't know how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Yu huan5DAD What exact issue do you have? Describe in details please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as your situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the new Premiere 15.0, and my 5700xt still doesnt work.

The first time i opened a project it showed the OpenCL option, however Premiere crashed after enabling it and scrubbing through a video. When I re-opened the file, the OpenCL dropdown option was no longer available.

Great to see that even in 2021 we should not expect any support for AMD GPUs with adobe software.

For anyone reding on this topic, please do NOT expect to use a GPU that is not in the Premiere Pro supported hardware list.

Adobe has NO intention of attempting to help paying customers run on the hardware that their partners (PugetSystems) claim to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was dissapointed by this as well. AE is completely unusable using the graphics card. After reading more about this issue, as much I hate to point my figure at someone other than Adobe, AMD needs to make drivers that work better with Adobe software. I guess you could still blame Nvidia and Adobe's partnership maybe nudging AMD out of the club, but I thought I was upgrading my workflow when I bought this 5700xt, and it's wonderful in Davinci, Blender and any game. But Adobe and AMD are not playing ball. My other computer which is a Mac with the AMD D700 firepro cards also doesn't seem to be anything special.

AMD and Adobe need to sit down and have a nice long talk about driver support. Or why spend hundreds on a graphics card and pay Adobe $50/month for our whole careers. Do we pay them to only care about impressing investors with cool new features? Make a stable product guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To post a solution... Use the mecury software engine. Hope you have a 16 core!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can recognize myself completely in your statement.

I fully agree that AMD has (or had) major driver issues, and my first year as a 5700xt owner was not much fun from that perspective (many of my bluescreens were only fixed after some bios updates). It just seems really odd that there is 0 support for the AMD 5000 series GPUs (according to the Adobe Website), despite the broad availability of these cards, and claims from Puget Systems that these should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wilmaster1  Either try this:  Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems ,

or backup your system and then try on clean/fresh OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines