Ryzen 5 4500u - Does it finally work ?

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

I am going to buy a laptop with the ryzen 5 4500u but I've read online that it performs extremely poorly with edobe premiere pro. I've also read that a recent update was supposed to fix this issue, is this true? 

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Ryzen 5 4500u - Does it finally work ?

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

I am going to buy a laptop with the ryzen 5 4500u but I've read online that it performs extremely poorly with edobe premiere pro. I've also read that a recent update was supposed to fix this issue, is this true? 

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check over at Puget Systems, they have a lot of stats on the performance of various CPUs in Premiere Pro.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new Amd 4500U laptop and upgraded the ram to 16gb 2 x 8gb. Premiere is working smoothly, but Lumetri is not accelerated enabled (Red render bar). It seems that it is not yet 100% compatible with amd GPU. I am using FilmConvert Nitrate on Premiere 14.5, it is much faster than lumetri it is accelerated effect yellow render bar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get red bars with Nvidia GPU and Lumetri if I'm loading it up good, so I don't think the red-bar is due to the AMD card.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did a few tests, side by side using the same video file, the film convert was 5x faster. I only did a quick WB with lumetri and it was terrible to play and slow to render. The issue is within lumetri not premiere. I did the tests using h. 264, h. 265 and quicktime prores all in 4k

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0