Highlighted

Same source size; why does my final export looks so much grainier than the Premiere preview shows?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Another person asking about export settings here. I'm fairly new to Premiere but am getting more comfortable with it. I used Premiere to rotate the video by a certain degree plus change the aspect ratio for upload to Instagram.

I'm attaching my sequence settings, export settings, plus a screenshot that shows the vast difference in quality that I'm having trouble understanding. I looked at beginner Adobe tutorials and think I've followed the basic instructions correctly. I combed through some other posts asking similar questions and most people I saw were trying to get larger exports from small sources. But my source is bigger/the same size as my export and I just want the export to look as great as the preview shows it to look.

Thanks so much for your time.

TOPICS
Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Same source size; why does my final export looks so much grainier than the Premiere preview shows?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Another person asking about export settings here. I'm fairly new to Premiere but am getting more comfortable with it. I used Premiere to rotate the video by a certain degree plus change the aspect ratio for upload to Instagram.

I'm attaching my sequence settings, export settings, plus a screenshot that shows the vast difference in quality that I'm having trouble understanding. I looked at beginner Adobe tutorials and think I've followed the basic instructions correctly. I combed through some other posts asking similar questions and most people I saw were trying to get larger exports from small sources. But my source is bigger/the same size as my export and I just want the export to look as great as the preview shows it to look.

Thanks so much for your time.

TOPICS
Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skhoffman426,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Have you tried swicthing the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and checked if it's exporting properly? If you are still getting this issue, then try exporting in QuickTime > Apple ProRes 422 and check if it helps.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0