Highlighted

Saturation is different when import a file.

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem when import a file to premiere. The color in the image is slightly diffent. 

Sem título.jpg

Sem título1.jpg

The right one is the premire import, the left is the original and this happen every time when i use different camera or diffrent codec of image this happen. How can I solve this?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saturation is different when import a file.

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem when import a file to premiere. The color in the image is slightly diffent. 

Sem título.jpg

Sem título1.jpg

The right one is the premire import, the left is the original and this happen every time when i use different camera or diffrent codec of image this happen. How can I solve this?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color management control.

It looks like you are assuming a video player is the "correct" view of the image? If so, why?

I don't know of a camera made that actually has a completely color managed view screen, and most computers, tablets, phones, and monitors apply all sorts of divergent and competing effects to try to "enhance the viewing experience".

Premiere is built on the assumption that the user will have put together a system that complies with pro broadcast standards: video sRGB color primaries, Rec.709 profile including both the scene-referred transform function and the display transform function, gamma 2.4, brightness of 100 nits in a semi-darkened room.

For many users, it is good to have the "Display color management" option checked in the preferences, as that tells Premiere to look at the ICC profile for the monitor in use, and adjust the view within the application's various monitors accordingly to try to get as close as possible to broadcast standards.

But outside Premiere ... the app has no control over what your OS and your other applications do with the image pixel values. It can't. That's up to the user to study and fix.

So ... what's your OS, your monitor, and what have you done to set up and control the image on the monitor/s in use?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1