• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save button grayed out in SRT export Pr 15.1.0 OSX

Advisor ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is in the subject line. Refers to exporting from the new Text / Captions tab.

I can export SRTs the old-fashioned way by using Export and adding captions in the Export dialog. 

I can speed this up by exporting captions and audio only, after muting audio (to reduce audio mixdown time).

The export feature was working in the last build of Pr (15.0, I presume).

Other than that, this new caption scheme is a big improvement on the 14.x and prior builds, IMO.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win10 here, but I still see the Save button in PR 15.1. That is true even if I have not added a filename. And I tried creating the file in a location for which I do not have permission. The Save button is okay; I just get a prompt saying I don't have permission.

Anyone else on Mac have this problem? Or not?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you name it and Save was still disabled? Save is disabled on Mac, as the Save As field is empty by default. Once you type something in the Save As field, then the Save button should enable. Windows will have Save enabled, even if the field is empty, but won't actually save until you type something in the field.

I know it's bit wonky, but the dialog is based on OS functionality (which is why Mac and Windows is a bit different). We have an open issue to add a default name for Save As, to avoid this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this solved my issues!  Hopefully adding a default name for Save As gets fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines