• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save failure/crash after importing still images into sequence

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a 30 second spot, populated with .MP4 and .MP3 files. I am nearing the end of the project, and am trying to import a logo into the end of the sequence. Up until this point, everything has worked perfectly. Saves are good, no lag, etc. I am able to add text from within Premiere and the file saves instantly.

The moment I add still images, however (tried both PNG and PSD files), I am no longer able to save. I have tried both "Save" and "Save As". Neither work. The "Save Project" window pops up, sits there, and no progress is made. I am then forced to cancel the save, at which point Premiere becomes unresponsive and I have to force quit the application.

I have tried importing it directly from the finder window, via the "import" tab, and through the media browser. It is worth noting that I can drop the files into a bin and save, but it is only when I add it to the sequence that I am unable to save. 

Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? Am I doing something wrong?

Currently running Premiere Pro 14.7

System:

2019 MacBook Pro 16"

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

2.3 GHz Intel Core i9

32 GB Ram

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

first, mp3's are not ideal to edit with.  I'd convert them to 48k16 aiffs... 

second, where did your mp4 files come from?  any chance from a smartphone or screen recording?  If so they may have a variable frame rate which is problematic in Premiere.  If so, post back and I'll tell you how to determine it and how to fix it (or you can do some searching here for the fix).

And here's what I'd try.  close the current project (and maybe quit and restart premiere) create a new project and try and import the graphic files.  If they import, open the original project and copy and post from the new project to the original project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines