Save View Preset to a Workspace

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get my workspaces perfected, exactly the way I want. All the labels, metadata, ordering, icon sizes, everything is perfect. I switch between my own custom Color, Assembly, and Captions workspaces seamlessly. 

Except: In the Project panel, I have to select "Restore View Preset" every. Single. Time. 

Am I totally missing some way of saving the preset to a workspace? I have tried so many times to save a workspace with the views the way I need them. Yes, I have set a keyboard shortcut to it. But why is it that everything else, down to the zoom and playhead on the timeline gets saved, but the project panel insists on giant free-floating icons? 

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This does not sound ideal. I understand you have customized your workspace and all the panels are adjusted the way you want except the Project panel. Which version of Premiere Pro are you using?

Let us know. We'll get it tested.

Regards,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right, somehow the panel view settings just don't stick.

I'm using Premiere 15.2 on MacOS 11.4

Thanks so much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to save them to a newly named workspace. The built-in ones cannot be saved differently to the same original name.

So I have Edit Neil, Color Neil ... and down the line.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines