Saved guides have disappeared

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had around 15-20 different sets of guide templates and I've just discovered that they have all vanished. My saved workspace settings also disappeared a few days ago.  Premiere Pro was updated today to 15.1.0 (it's set to update automatically) but I assumed preferences would be saved. I am signed in to my Adobe Creative Cloud account. 

Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone have a fix? Thanks

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021
I'm on a Mac but I think if you are on a PC you can figure it out. But I found my Guide Templates were stored in a document in my documents folder: ~/User/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/15.0/Profile-(username)/Installed Guides.guides Every time Premiere Pro updates it creates a new folder in your "~/User/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/" and keeps your previous setting and preferences in there in folders such as 15.0, 14.0, 13.0... If you go back a version, in my case the 14.0 folder and find the...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac but I think if you are on a PC you can figure it out. But I found my Guide Templates were stored in a document in my documents folder: ~/User/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/15.0/Profile-(username)/Installed Guides.guides

Every time Premiere Pro updates it creates a new folder in your "~/User/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/" and keeps your previous setting and preferences in there in folders such as 15.0, 14.0, 13.0...

If you go back a version, in my case the 14.0 folder and find the "Installed Guides.guides" document and then copy and replace it into your current version folder and then open Premiere Pro perhaps you will find your templates restored?  I did a quick test and it worked for me. Hopefully, it will for you, but I can't guarantee.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that detailed info. I'm on a Mac as well, and have found that folder. The Installed Guides.guides file is dated 5 May so that would fit with it having created a blank version following an update then (and it coincides with the date i posted here) but I don't seem to have any earlier versions. I will investigate further, but that's a useful place to start - thanks. Seems a bit daft that the updates overwrite a user's settings, though!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you - I did a bit of digging around my back ups and found one from just before the app was updated. Copied and pasted the content into the current file and voila, my guides are back. You are a star.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome. I was concerned that it might not work, but it was worth a try. So glad it actually worked for you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines