saving a crash ?

Engaged ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whenever the software crashes, sometimes i will get  signal moments before it, like a small red window in the bottom right, saying "importer error" or something to that effect.

my impulse is to hit save as soon as possible because i know I'm just about to lose my work.

however,  is this the worst possible thing to do?  am i saving the crash into the project when i do this?  thereby guaranteeing that the project will be unstable from that point onward?

TOPICS
Crash, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be okay.

I often see this when exporting via the AME using a 3rd party x264 encoder, and I have found that it is usually caused by a leading silence in the audio stream (at least in my case) where I have added a coupple of seconds of videoblack ahead of a piece intended for Blu-ray where the editor has actually started the visual content from frame #1 (which is absolutely hopeless for any optical disc, as you will lose the first second at least whilst the player locks down on the stream & outputs decoded audio/video).

If I simply wait for the inevitable crash, click on the red triangle & clear the 'error' and then save, shut down, relaunch & try again it will often just work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines