Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving animation as a Motion Graphics Template

Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to save a very simple animation as a Motion Graphics Template, without success. It is comprised of two layers, a text layer and solid, rectangular background.

Inide the Essential Graphics Panel>Edit Tab, I select the background layer and under Responsive Design-Position, I select the right edge. I have tried selecting a variety of different edges and nothing seems to work.

At that point, when I retype the text, the background adjusts appropriately to the new text, but when I play the clip the background does not conform to the new text. No matter what edge option(s) I select, the backround will not reflect the text changes.

I don't know what I could be doing wrong, as it seems very straightforward. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mark

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the files once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot timeline,  Ess Graphics and Effect control with animated properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

Thanks so much for responding to my message. I was able to fix the problem, but I do have one more question:)

When I drop a MOGRT file that I purchased or downloaded on to the timeline, I can edit the template within the Essential Graphics Panel using specific controls. In this particular example, I used a MOGRT from Adobe's Stock, and as you can see, there are a slew of controls that allow for changes (see pic). 

When I drop one of my own templates on the timeline, I only see the controls that normally exist under the Edit Tab. Why is this, and how can I export an MOGRT so it generates the same control functions? I've watched so many tutorials on how to create, import, and export MOGRTs, but none have touched on this subject. Perhaps, you have to create them in After Effects in order to achieve this type of result?

I hope I'm explaining myself properly. 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make the mogrt in Ae to get those features.

https://premierepro.net/making-mogrts/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK Ann, thanks so much for your help.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines