Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Audio Channel Presets?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm an audio engineer who is trying to get to grips with the audio side of Premier Pro.

My question is, how does one save an audio channel as a preset?

In other words: I want to customize multiple effects to an audio channel (not just an individual audio region/file) and then I want to save that combination of effects to be able to recall them in other projects in the future. I understand how to save presets on individually edited regions/files, but if I am working on a project with multiple audio files dropped in then I don't want to have to go through each one to apply the same set of effects to achieve a uniformed sound through that project. Instead I want to apply a preset to the audio channel so that any audio dropped into said channel is then manipulated in the same way (much like you would in any DAW application's mixer).

I'm sure the answer is simple, but I just cannot find this function anywhere in Premier's mixer window.

I would greatly appreciate someone putting my out of my misery

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

PrPro has a vastly improved connection with Audition, and you can take your sequence to audition, back to PrPro, and back to Audition and have all the controls you used before sitting there to re-adjust. It's not the junk & start-over we had before after sending a file worked in Audition back to PrPro.

You might find the capabilities you need that way ... and though some of Audition's cool toys have been piped into PrPro, Audition is still the place with the full suite.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP is limited in its audio capabilities (plus there are issues in submixing with plug-ins In multichannel sequences) but I think you should be looking to add plug-ins to the track mixer, rather than the clip mixer or clips direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrPro has a vastly improved connection with Audition, and you can take your sequence to audition, back to PrPro, and back to Audition and have all the controls you used before sitting there to re-adjust. It's not the junk & start-over we had before after sending a file worked in Audition back to PrPro.

You might find the capabilities you need that way ... and though some of Audition's cool toys have been piped into PrPro, Audition is still the place with the full suite.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to avoid using Audition for this as it is just a simple requirement, but I shall give your suggestion a try as it's the only way - thanks buddy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are times one looks at any software and thinks, this task could be *so* much simpler. Yea.

And then, to get the stuff out without going crazy, you have to root around for what can work at least mostly sort of ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, I'm not sure I understand - are you saying that the Audition mix is now 'live' in Pr on return (but not necessarily editable in PPro)? i.e. there is no need to export from Au - it can be part of the video export from Pr?

May have to download Audition and try it out

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrPro & Audition have a link that is a bit better than the Dynamic Link to AfterEffects. It's more like the Direct Link to SpeedGrade used to work.

When you send a sequence to Audition it opens with even a small program view of the video. You have full use of all Audition's toolset which is a pretty decent audio app.

Anything you have done in the Essential Sound Panel (ESP) in PrPro is shown in the ESP in Audition and you can change anything.

Go back to PrPro and all you have done of course is what you're hearing. Want to modify anything?

Easy. Send back to Audition and everything you did last time in Audition is still available to change a setting.

Go back to PrPro and all the audio work is there. Export, it's all there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoever thought of implementing it in this —backwards way should be fired. Thanks.

Creating an audio CLIP effect and right-clicking it in "effect controls" window works for saving a preset. But guess what, creating a TRACK effect (as it USUALLY, like 99.99% of time) is, and then right clicking it in audio track mixer (because, of course, there is nothing in the effect controls) DOES NOT. Was it really THAT DIFFICULT to add the "save preset" item to that menu too? Oh, an oversight???

Yeah, fired.

Moderator note: Please do not use profanity on our community forums. We have minors reading here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure the answer is simple

It's very simple.  You can't.   Yet...

Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fear as much. On the other hand, I am slightly relived I wasn't being dim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try This... 

I made a video on HOW TO CREATE AND SAVE AUDIO PRESETS IN PREMIERE PRO

https://youtu.be/AGoi7hxx1cY 

I hope this brings you all some value. I certainly needed this before! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I hope this helps… I made a video on HOW TO CREATE AND SAVE AUDIO PRESETS IN PREMIERE PRO

https://youtu.be/AGoi7hxx1cY 

I hope this brings you all some value. I certainly needed this before! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines