• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving projects

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new to Adobe premier so I'm still learning the functionality and terminology.

Is it possible to save everything I've used (images and videos) within the project without creating a link to the actual file on my computer? My problem is sometimes I'll use over 100 photos and after a year all the those photos will be in a different place, I've renamed it or I've deleted the photo. When I open up the project it wants me to link the origional photo which is not always possible. 

Probably just the way premier is and cant be done but if there is a way I would love this! Like photoshop saves all the files within the project. Thanks for any positive suggestions like I say I'm new!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you want to do is - when you complete your project use the 'project manager' in the file menu to consolidate your project and collect all the files together for archiving. You'll see a few choices in this window but the basics are you can get it to copy all the media associated with the project and a copy of the project file to a new location. 

An alternative, and my preference, is to always move (or copy) media I'm using into a particular location before importing it into a project. That way all the files associated with my project are in the one place and I can just copy these folders and the project onto my archive drives when the job is done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to try this thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck. Come back with any other questions. It's a great bunch of people here to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines