• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale and position animation problems

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to animate scale/position in premiere pro using keyframes the animation takes place in the first few seconds of the clip, rather than throughout the entire clip, anyone know a fix?

HELP! PREMIERE PRO CC 2015 KEYFRAME SCALE/POSITION ERROR - YouTube

See video of error here.

pay attention to the effects panel and the video preview.

Thanks!

Edited by Kevin Monahan

Title too long

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Hey Guys,

Ive found a solution. Before you start key framing, go to "Effects" and layer "Transform" on top of the image/video you want to keyframe. Keyframe everything under the "Tranform" drop down in "Effects Controls"

Hope this has helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the start position/scale keyframes to Linear temporal interpolation, does that help?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I've tried all of the temporal interpolations and it does not change them, thanks for the help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of jpeg is it, as it has a moving picture inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, sometimes Premiere just gets confused on the behavior of the keyframes, and subsequence adjustments made to them.

Delete all you keyframes for the clip and try creating the move again.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's only pointing out the problem in greater detail. That's not a solution. They need to fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Simple motion keyframes producing the most odd results, with no chance of finding the cause.

Bugs, bugs, bugs.

I am a usually happy user of Adobe CC's many cutting edge apps, but I must say that Premiere really sucks. Even reports of several year old bugs aren't addressed, rendering issues being one of the really monumental ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure both temporal and spacial are set to linear

Otherwise seperate propeties by nesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nesting doesn't solve this problem. The bug remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

same issue here.

Still couldn't figure out why.

I thought the time remapping was causing is, if your are running the clip in a different speed than 100%.

But the issue remains even when having the clip on 100% speed.

I can imagine that its a graphical UI update issue.

Could that be related to a graphic driver? hmmm.

I am using a Quadro P4000 card with a pretty new 411 and 416 driver.

Will test the same file using a Desktop machine with a GV100 card soon. Fingers crossed

I will keep you updated.

Thanks for any hints.

Cheers,

Flo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you!! My issue was weird, was trying to make 2 videos come from the left and right and leave from the opposite side using position keyframes, took me all day to find this advice... after nesting, the thing I was missing was that temporal AND spacial interpolation needed to be set to linear... my videos kept bouncing left and right with no keyframe setting dictating this and no apparent reason... that's what "auto bezier" did in the spacial interpolation setting without me knowing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I will position a key frame to adjust scale or position at say 40 seconds w/ the keyframe set to linear. Even though the key frame displays at 40sec in the effects control timeline, the effect change happens at 39 seconds. Roughly one second before its supposed to. When I hunt around a "hidden" key frame will appear at 39s but will then disappear. Resetting the clip has not helped. Same buggy shifting of / adding a hidden keyframe problem persists.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone discovered a resolution to this issue?

I had the same problem with a clip yesterday, deleted all keyframes and reset, then it worked normally. This morning I have a new clip with the same issues, although neither deleting keyframes nor linear interpolation settings have resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nest between scale and position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was literally the only way i found around this crazy bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar issue. I was trying to keyframe the position of my clip, after adding keyframes I went to watch playback and the clip was not moving to the keyframes although they were still showing in the effects controls. But you cannot nest a clip if you are trying to change the position of the clip as it will crop the video to whatever the scale is at when you nest it. I also had speed remapping in the same clip I needed to keyframe, so that was likely causing trouble from the get go just as many people have pointed out.

What I found to work was to delete the clip I needed to keyframe out of the sequence and re-drop it into the sequence. Set keyframes and do speed remapping after keyframes are set. It seemed to work for me and I had tried nearly every other solution I found on different forum posts but none worked until I simply deleted the clip and started fresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

Ive found a solution. Before you start key framing, go to "Effects" and layer "Transform" on top of the image/video you want to keyframe. Keyframe everything under the "Tranform" drop down in "Effects Controls"

Hope this has helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks bro.Very good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, thanks, dude! I found that way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ca you give a print screen? My premiere is spanish

Thank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue. Scale won't animate using keyframe. The scale value changes as the play head moves but the image does not change in size. I tried to move the position slightly and the result was that the image jumpe to the final scale value after the final keyframe. 

I am new to Pr and don't understand your fix. You say to layer transform on top of the image. I tried dragging "transform" on to the image in the time line but it won't move layer. I can drag the effects under Transform like crop or flip vertical, but thats not what I want. I also tried dragging the Transform into the Effects Control window....same results. Can you please clarify for a rookie?

Thanks  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After sending the last reply I discovered that there is a "Transform" under "Distort" in the Video effects menu. This must be the "Transform"  te_huimam meant, not the "Transform directly under Video effects(that includes crop) becasue I was able to drop it on the image and Transform, followed by position, scale, rotate etc were added to the the effects control menu(redundant). When I animated scale using the added scale key farme under transform it worked. The play back was jumpy but it rendered fine. I also added position movement and rotation and they also worked fine. 

Thanks for the help!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for me, the simple "easy-ease" method in After Effects is painless and straightforward, but AE gives you the option to interpolate as "linear" so it doesn't bounce when you move bezier handles. Premiere doesn't have that option under "Scale" properties at least. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED VERY WELL! you're a legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines