Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP 14.2.0 on a Mac

• clip needs position and scale bezier curves - the position curves are perfect

• position move is vertical only and about 100, scaling move is from 51 to 61%

• set to uniform scale

The keyframes appear in the timeline under 'scale' but not under 'uniform scale'.  The y axis of the keyframe adjustment in the timeline is WAY TOO BIG.  I move it a few pixels and the scale has jumped from 51 to 138.  At this size I can't draw a nice bezier curve to start and end the movement softly.

I have tried setting the scale tool to: linear, bezier, etc; also with and without uniform scale.  I have restarted PP and computer.  How can I unglitch this or work around it?  I do not want to dump preferences if I don't have to.

edit: no speedramping or other major effects on this clip, source is below 4K, project is 1080, frame rate and size are exotic but not beyond typical specs

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scale: keyframes in timeline: y axis way too big

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP 14.2.0 on a Mac

• clip needs position and scale bezier curves - the position curves are perfect

• position move is vertical only and about 100, scaling move is from 51 to 61%

• set to uniform scale

The keyframes appear in the timeline under 'scale' but not under 'uniform scale'.  The y axis of the keyframe adjustment in the timeline is WAY TOO BIG.  I move it a few pixels and the scale has jumped from 51 to 138.  At this size I can't draw a nice bezier curve to start and end the movement softly.

I have tried setting the scale tool to: linear, bezier, etc; also with and without uniform scale.  I have restarted PP and computer.  How can I unglitch this or work around it?  I do not want to dump preferences if I don't have to.

edit: no speedramping or other major effects on this clip, source is below 4K, project is 1080, frame rate and size are exotic but not beyond typical specs

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?