Exit

scale motion effects proportionally not working

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Please help me.
I made an entire movie on a 720p sequence.
I want to upscale it to 1080p but when I do that the motion effects do not scale proportionally. Even though I have the thing marked.
What could cause the problem?
Is there an alternative to get a 1080p video out of this.
I already tried exporting with 1080p but even though the output resolution is 1080p the quality is still 720p.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start a new sequence which is 1080p

drag your 720p sequence from the project panel into the 1080p sequence timeline

right click on the 720p sequence in the 1080p sequence timeline and hit 'scale to frame size'

export the 1080p sequence

by the way, are all your footage 720p? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.
I tried what you suggested but clicking on set/scale to frame size does nothing. There is no change. It seems to be an additional bug which is probably related to the previous one.
My video materials are 1080p at the source. I have scaled them down to 66.7% to fit the 720p frame.
When I change the sequence size to 1080 regardless of whether I have ‘scale motion effects proportionally’ on or off I get the same results. Everything stays at 66.7% scale.
The video materials are really not the problem. They are about 20-30 clips which I can easily change one by one to 100%.
The problem is a hundred images which I have programmed with motion. Even if the scale to frame size option did work it will not apply the change in scale to the motion programming.

PS: Could I send you my project file and maybe you can try to scale it up to 1080p and send it back to me. Maybe it is only a bug on my computer.

I am uploading it to Google Drive because for some reason the cloud here does not accept it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16CMgOhJc6Q62bgpjuyw33msFIMC-qs2g/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It says an unknow error ocurred when opening the project. And it doesnt open. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines