Scaling below 50.1% throws off clip width

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of about one to two weeks ago, anytime I scale a clip to less than 50.1%, it throws off the proportions (it becomes too wide). If I put the 100% clip in its own sequence, I can then place the sequence and scale with no issues. I uninstalled Premiere, including removing the preferences, and reinstalled, and this did not fix the issue. See screenshots. At 50% (anything below 50.1%), the width is no longer to scale. Even if I uncheck Uniform Scale and enter the height and width proportions separately, putting in a number less than 50.1% throws off the width (it is too wide).

noscale1

noscale2

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the images to enlarge them, it shows the same (50.1%) image. It seems even Adobe's forums are full of bugs. Let me try to attack the 50.0% image here.

noscale2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of premiere are you using?  You seem to be saying that you did not see this behavior before a few weeks ago.  Did you do an update to premiere around that time?   By any chance do you have the complete creative cloud suite.  Might be interesting to see if you're getting the same results in After Effects.

Once you answer these questions, we can figure out how to proceed.  Might make sense for you to send me a small premiere project where you're seeing this behavior with a image file that is doing it in the premiere timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have 14.0 installed. I'm having another issue where I received Frame Substitution Recursion Attempt errors on a bunch of existing projects all of a sudden, so I started downgrading step by step for a while back to 13.0, but could never get to where I wasn't receiving the errors in either Premiere or Media Encoder, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere from scratch straight to 14.0. As far as I know, the proportion issue started after that. Yes, I have the complete CC suite. As far as I can tell, it is not happening in After Effects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/aspect-ratio-bug/td-p/11481988

Are you NOT seeing this in 14.0.0? When you say 14.0, are you sure you do not have the latest 14.4.0?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It appears (at least on my test) that changing the project setting to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only fixes the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, switching to software only is one of the workarounds.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines