• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling many images the same amount AFTER Motion's scaling

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many old photos I'm trying to make into a slideshow with an appearance similar to this tutorial. The photos are many different aspect ratios and resolutions, so after Default Media Scaling="Set to Frame Size" did its thing, the scaling value in the Motion effect is different for each one. To do the white frame trick in the tutorial, I have duplicated all the photos on Track 2 onto Track 3, and now I want to scale all the photos on Track 3 by 85% and all on Track 2 by 90%. I can do that by nesting everything on each of the tracks and reducing the scaling on each of the two resulting sequences, but later I will want to add rotation to each photo while keeping the frame and photo together - for that, I need to nest vertically (the Track 2 and Track 3 copies of a single photo), not horizontally. Obviously I can't nest both ways. I expected there to be a separate effect I could add that would do additional scaling, but there doesn't seem to be one. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

There is a 'distort/transform' effect that will give you additional scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the reason for making one nest containing all of the photos and frames?  You'd have the control you want if you made a nest of each photo with its corresponding white frame, then rotated that nest. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you're describing is exactly what I plan to do, but I needed a way to scale all the photos to 85% and scale all the frames to 90% without using the scaling part of the Motion effect, because it's already at some number other than 100% for each photo. Richard Knight's suggestion of the Transform effect does what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a 'distort/transform' effect that will give you additional scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet - that works beautifully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines