Highlighted

Scene edit detection crashing Premiere 14.4 on longer clips

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scene Edit Detection is super handy, but I've now had Premiere crash numerous times while attempting to use it on longer clips (10mins or so). Is this a limitation on the use currently, or is it a bug?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scene edit detection crashing Premiere 14.4 on longer clips

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scene Edit Detection is super handy, but I've now had Premiere crash numerous times while attempting to use it on longer clips (10mins or so). Is this a limitation on the use currently, or is it a bug?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Guide ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the first I've heard of it. try using it on prores/dnx media instead of h.264. maybe its getting bogged down.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a 13 min mp4 without any issues.

Please post comp specs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. 

Gtx 1060, i7-7700hq, 32gb ram. Up to date drivers.

I guess it's possible it's the footage but it's happened a number of times with different clips (all mp4 though) usually when selecting multiple clips in the same sequence, where one is longer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting this a lot. It seems I can usually do a few clips, even multiple shot clips at once, but then at some point it will lock up while analysing and Premiere will crash and then I'll need to restart. After that, scene detection works better for a while. Repeat. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0