• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scene edit detection crashing Premiere 14.4 on longer clips

Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scene Edit Detection is super handy, but I've now had Premiere crash numerous times while attempting to use it on longer clips (10mins or so). Is this a limitation on the use currently, or is it a bug?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the first I've heard of it. try using it on prores/dnx media instead of h.264. maybe its getting bogged down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using it on ProRes files and it crashes every time. Granted, the clips are about an hour long because they're captured from MiniTV tapes but thats why I'm using the auto scene detect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

Sorry about the crash. Which version of Premiere Pro are you using? Do you see any error codes or messages when it crashes?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a 13 min mp4 without any issues.

Please post comp specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. 

Gtx 1060, i7-7700hq, 32gb ram. Up to date drivers.

I guess it's possible it's the footage but it's happened a number of times with different clips (all mp4 though) usually when selecting multiple clips in the same sequence, where one is longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting this a lot. It seems I can usually do a few clips, even multiple shot clips at once, but then at some point it will lock up while analysing and Premiere will crash and then I'll need to restart. After that, scene detection works better for a while. Repeat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me, but only clips longer than 20 minutes, and it crashes my iMac, it restarts the computer. I am trying to use the tool on footage captured by Zoom calls and it doesn't work, it messes up with my desktop computer every single time.

Specs:

Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.7.0 (Build 23)

macOS Big Sur Version 11.1

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines