• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen blacking out after update from 2019 -2021 premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having an issue with premiere pro, light room, and a couple other new 2021 versions of the software  

I updated to the 2021 version of premiere pro.  the 2019 version ran perfectly but now my screen is blacking out every other second, especially when looking at video or scrubbing.  Everything points towards it being a hardware issue so I updated my Graphics card.  (2080), but the problem persists.  Happens with any size resolution video.

Any idea why this would happen?  should i just go back tousing the 2019 version?

Computer specs: Intell I 7 cpu @ 3.60ghz, 16 gig ram, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

For Premiere Pro use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•such as (MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Premiere Pro use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•such as (MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines