• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen capturing is going wrong, visual oddness!

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anybody please offer advice as to why Premiere Pro might see files like this (pictured)?

You may notice straight away the green strip across the bottom and then also some kind of disruption on the right. The main video frame does stretch behind these visual errors eg it is edge to edge rather than some kind of odd picture in picture.

The original video is a screen grab using XBox Recorder in Windows.

Thanks if you're able to help. I think maybe the recording is a timecode or resolution that I am not setting up properly or the composition set-up is somehow wrong?

Thanks 🙂problem01.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

The answer to my question above is that XBox screen recorder isn't that good. That said, there is a fix....

When your gaming or CC recording session is done and you press stop, naturally a video file is saved to your Documents. This will most likely be an MP4.

So the trick is, to rename the file extension to be MPEG.

Windows will warn you that the file may end up unuseable but it is useable and the visual error above do not occur.

problem01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to my question above is that XBox screen recorder isn't that good. That said, there is a fix....

When your gaming or CC recording session is done and you press stop, naturally a video file is saved to your Documents. This will most likely be an MP4.

So the trick is, to rename the file extension to be MPEG.

Windows will warn you that the file may end up unuseable but it is useable and the visual error above do not occur.

problem01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That looks like a GPU driver issue or something ... but if it's a screen-capture device as listed above, could also be the problem.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines