Highlighted

Scroll linked to external text document

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very long list of names to scroll. Over 800 names. There are minor formatting areas - Some lines are bold, others are not. Is there a way to add a scroll to a video linked to an external text doc?

Changes would be easier, getting the list from a client would be easier. Putting it in the Legacy text tool is a hassle. Is there a better way? I looked at After Effects but no real advantage.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scroll linked to external text document

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very long list of names to scroll. Over 800 names. There are minor formatting areas - Some lines are bold, others are not. Is there a way to add a scroll to a video linked to an external text doc?

Changes would be easier, getting the list from a client would be easier. Putting it in the Legacy text tool is a hassle. Is there a better way? I looked at After Effects but no real advantage.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't think so, but you might find creating the image file in photoshop or illustrator easier to wrangle.  in photoshop just create a file with the horizontal dimensions of your sequence with vertical dimension much much greater.  You'll then just import the file and animate it vertically.  Getting the movement to look good is an art in itself...  do some googling the you'll be ready to jump off a cliff.  welcome to my world.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider looking for an Ae script to help you achieve this task here: https://aescripts.com/search/?q=title+roll

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 1