• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling on timeline jumps now, instead of scrolling smoothly.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm getting pretty sick of all these random bugs with every update. I'm on version 14.9, I just updated due to trying to fix some other bugs.

I work off a Macbook, and when I scroll horizontaely on my timeline using my trackpad, it used to be smooth, where it would scroll at the speed I moved my fingers across the trackpad.

So for example if I moved them slowly, it would scroll at maybe 1-3 frames, and quickly it would scroll at several seconds etc.

Now it just jumps. No matter how slowly I move along the trackpad, it jumps at least 5 seconds, so whenever i'm trying to do precise cuts zoomed in, and I scroll to the left or right, it will skip forward like 5 seconds on my timeline, it is basically unusable. This is across the whole adobe suite, AE, Audition, etc

Is there a fix for this, because this is incredibly frustrating and I seemed to get so many damn bugs with adobe suite products at this point, and I'm quite sick of them.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

I have managed to fix it.

I went in to the pointer options under accessability, then to trackpad options, and changed the slider value down 1, then back to where it was - and now it works totally fine. No idea why this would cause this issue, but just happy I can work at a normal speed and workflow now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are non-Adobe applications also having the same behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

No, I've opened a Resolve project, and the srolling behaviour is as it should be, smoothly scrolling around the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to fix it.

I went in to the pointer options under accessability, then to trackpad options, and changed the slider value down 1, then back to where it was - and now it works totally fine. No idea why this would cause this issue, but just happy I can work at a normal speed and workflow now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem now too, it was all good, and now when I try to edit, i get same scrolling issue, I have tried your way, but it did not helped.. help ! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines