Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrub error / bug in source and program monitor

Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most annoying thing in the world as it completely disrupts workflow:

My 60fps footage modified to 24p (maybe that is relevant?) won't scrub in the source panel. It shows a completely different part of the clip. Then when you let go of left click, it returns to the correct position in the footage.

It makes editing impossible. I changed the playback resolution to 1/2 and 1/4 but it makes no difference.

TOPICS
Editing , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 60fps footage modified to 24p (maybe that is relevant?) - in what way you have done that? By using Speed/Duration.. or Interpret footage? For creating slo-mo effect use speed/duration applied to the clip in the project panel before placing it on a timeline: STOP Interpreting Your Footage for Slow Motion in Premiere Pro! - YouTube 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I always interpret the footage before dropping it into the timeline. And it is relevant because the scrubbing error occurs after interpreting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I watched the video thats very helpful thanks. But is slowing the speed down the same as changing the frame rate? I'm really not sure that's the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm really not sure that's the same thing.

You can test it by yourself - create a second copy, import, and place it on top of the interpreted footage. You should see no difference while switching layers (assuming slowdown % is exactly right).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines