• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead skipping clips in Effects Control panel

Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am working in the Effects Controls panel and you move the playhead towards the end of the clip, it makes it fly forward and skip through a bunch of clips.   This is extremely annoying.  Why can't you adjust this or fix this so it doesn't do that?  I don't remember it doing that I cs5.   When I move the playhead to the end of the clip, I don't want to have to go back and find the clip again in my timeline because it skipped through so many...for some odd reason.   Just make the scrubber stop at the end of the clip in the Effects Controls panel.  And the only way it will go to next clip is if we select the clip on timeline panel.  The Effects Controls panel should be for working in ONE clip.  I have no need to scrub to other clips within the Effects Controls panel.  I can do that on my timeline. 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Make sure the Effects Controls panel is set to Pin to Clip.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 6.46.35 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the Effects Controls panel is set to Pin to Clip.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 6.46.35 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't help with the problem. If you have "Pin to Clip" unchecked the scrubber continues to move several clips forward, and when checked it stops at the next clip.

Could you please fix this Adobe!!!

Why should I want to go to next clip when working with keyframes in a clip? Not jumping to next clip should so much be a default setting, and if someone would like it to jump to next clip (I can't see why) then add the option to activate that function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoying behaviour.

Yes Pin to clip does not help.

I press one frame back.

You also have to uncheck Selection follows Playhead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's an easy workaround that doesn't involve turning off Selection Follows Playhead or turning on Pin to Clip: https://bit.ly/ECPEndFrame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines