• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubbing and Editing slow with iMac second screen.

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey team.

Long time Premiere user over dual screens with great results.

I've updated to the newest 2020 iMac, fully spec’d out. Premiere does run well on the main screen, when I drag the timeline to the second screen scrubbing and generally editing gets sluggish (I historically love a full screen of the timeline as I go deep in layers).

I bring it all back to the main screen and it runs well again. I find there's a mix of certain panels on the second screen will re-introduce this sluggishness.

It's not related to the processing of the video, it's the GUI. It will produce the same behaviour even if it's a single WAVE file on the timeline.

My second screen is over thunderbolt3 - https://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/HMUA2X/A/lg-ultrafine-4k-display

I've tried various resolutions, not native and bigger and had them matched .. doesn't make a differences.

FCPx over the screens, runs a dream in all actions, but I really want to stick with Premiere.

TOPICS
Editing , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi spectrumproductions,

Sorry about the poor experience. We can get this checked. Could you please let us know more about your system (OS, CPU, GPU & RAM). Also, have you tried resetting workspace and building a new custom workspace for dual monitor setup to check if it's working properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines