• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searchable Captions in Project Window?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to search for captions outside the text box? Especially in the case of the project window and the timeline? Say I have an interview that spans three clips, and I know something was touched upon in one of them but not sure which one. How would I go about searching? One by one? Or am I missing something? I don't want to pay for Transcriptive, no offense to DA.

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are in PR 2021 where there is now a search function in the Text Panel. I see no way to search any more than that caption stream/track.That would be VERY useful.

Feature request:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

If you make a feature request, post the link here so it can be upvoted.

A possible, not very satisfactory, workaround would be to export text files and/or srt from the Text Panel, then combine and search there. An alternative would be a workflow where you create a single sequence/caption track with the whole content.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cautiously: Is cramming a minified string of the content of the captions into a metadata field in the source clip (multiclip) a bad idea for performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have never used captions but if you can save them to bins you would be able to do limited searhing  as seen in the video below. That being said a feature request would be best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines