Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeing the entire video

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am very new to Premiere Pro. I am trying to edit a video but I can't see the full video in the program tab. The blue lines go well outside the black box (to show the video) and I need to resize each clip. Maybe its a setting confirguration? It's on full at 100%. Any tips? thank you.

Annabel 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the dropdown in the bottom left of the program panel and set that to "Fit". 100% means you're seeing each pixel 1:1, which very much likely means that the frame is larger than the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion, although I am still having some trouble here (see screen shot below). 

And also each clip is different. So if I resize it manually, I have to do it for all of the clips.. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 2.57.07 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 3.01.04 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your sequence settings do not match your source files. What you need to do is determine what resolution you want to edit in (say 1920x1080), then make sure your sequence settings reflect that. If you have multiple clips of varying resolutions, rememeber, it's better to scale down than scale up.

And yes, manually scaling is the norm when you have clips with multiple resolutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that. Can you tell me how I ensure the resolutions and setting are the same? Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click the sequence in your project panel and select Sequence Settings. Then input the dimensions you want to edit in as Jeff mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 5.51.59 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both. I am wondering where the dimensions are in the sequencing settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screenshot, they are greyed out in the third row. Change your editing mode to Custom to be able to edit that value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot all. I'll play around with it and change the third row to 1920x1080, then size up all the shots to fit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines