Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select A side or B side with a Shortcut for trimming

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm trying to find a solution to my trimming problem. I like to use the mouse a little as possible as the the keyboard is just much faster. So there is a shortcut for entering the trim mode at the position of the playhead which automatically puts it into a mode which lets me shift the point of the cut. And then theres a shortcut for changing the trimmode which changes from rippel to overwrite and A to B Side. So if you want to make a  overwrite trim of the B Side for example, you have to hit the same key 3 times... and if you accidentally hit it 4 times you can start all over again.

So My question is, is there a way of to select the A and B Side of the trim with shortcuts?

In my Avid I have A side on one key B side on another and change of the trimmode (overwrite,ripple) on a third. Is there any way to build it like that?

Would really appreciate the help! Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Not sure : Select nearest edit point as roll.

in the search box type: select nearest..........

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure : Select nearest edit point as roll.

in the search box type: select nearest..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! that lets me select the A or B Side in the ripple trim mode. Do you know where I find the same for overwrite trim? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never used Avid so I have no idea what overwrite trim is.

Just open the kbsc and see what is available,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the red trimming tool. Which lets you overwrite the clips you pull the clip your trimming over. I found it. Its called its called trim out and trim in in Premiere for some reason. 

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines