• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select every other clip - Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I select every other clip on a layer in my timeline?

When I have really long footage (over 60 minutes) I prefer to add it to my timeline and play through it and add cuts using the Add Edit to All Tracks (Shift+Cmd+K) command. However, this leaves me with a timeline with a lot (probably 300+) of clips, and half of them (every other) are the parts that I want to cut out. Is there an easy way to select every other clip on a layer in my timeline and ripple delete them using the Ripple Delete (Opt+Delete) command? Going through and manually selecting every other clip is a nightmare.

And please, I don't want any tips on different editing methods, this is my preferred method of editing, I'm only asking for a way to select every other clip.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is the "top and tail" process, using the Q and W keys. This may save you a lot of work.

Q will auto cut at CTI, remove everything of that clip befre the CTI, and ripple the remaining sequence to the left.

W does the other end, the tail of the clip. Again it cuts at the CTI, then deletes the remainder of that clip and ripples everything else past it up against the cut.

Also there are the Lift and Extract keyboard shortcuts, look those up and how to use them. They both remove cut bits with different results.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines