Highlighted

Sempiternal Premiere Export ERRORS

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello gents,

Of course this topic has been covered countless times, yet I'm still stuck, one week later.

I finished my 7 minute montage made from GoPro 24FPS, Mavic  24FPS  and RX10 25 FPS clips ( harmonized to 24FPS with the modify > metering trick ). I used mainly defaults transitions and some Lumetri color grading and for the life of me it always get stuck at some point during export.

The only time I was successful was with lowest quality settings ( 0,19 Mbits/sec ) for a test. Target settings are : identical to source ( 4K, 24 FPS, H264 ), VBR 2 passes 20MBits/Sec, peak 25.

Output file was estimated to be around 1 Go so nothing outstanding. I freed 60 Go on both hardrives to let Premiere work with sufficient room.

Laptop is a MSI GE73 with i7 7700HQ, GTX 1070, 16Go RAM, Windows 10.. quite a strong machine for everything I do. Premiere is configured to use maximum RAM ( 13 Go ), still I got one message once during an export trial that it may run out of memory, so I switched the RAM use to Memory First instead of Performance in the settings.

It seems it's crashing due to the Lumetri effect, so I removed it from every single clips, and added an effect layer with Lumetri on top of the whole sequence, with same results. Don't see why such a simple effect can crash a not so complicated montage, as people are making complex movies without issues.

I pre-rendered everything in the timeline until everything is solid green, re-exported and crashed again with everything red again after, so cannot really see where the issue is coming from. Of course from the log I got different time code to check, but it can be randomly one transition or another one, never the same one from one export trial to another. I'm out of idea really..

Read and watched everyt YouTube tutorials about fixing these issues, copied sequence to a new one, switched from CUDA render to Mercury only, copied the whole project to a new file, saved it else where etc.. all the popular fixes.

Help much appreciated ! Want to get this video out and move on !

Thank you !

LOG ATTACHED

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Often when users say "my LUTs weren't applied" what actually happens is they're looking at the media outside of Premiere on a computer or screen without proper color management, and so they think they're corrections weren't applied.

You say that file, re-imported into Premiere, the corrections are missing. Ok ... then you're judging apples to apples.

Where are the LUTs you are using stored  on disc? Hopefully not in the program/package files folders, that is a big no-no. For general reference, I'm including the chart with the proper places to store user-added LUTs for use within Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, MediaEncoder and Prelude. Note: you do have to make the final pair of folders at that location, the Technical and Creative folders.

And what is the other Lumetri you checked on export?

Neil

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export, Formats, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sempiternal Premiere Export ERRORS

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello gents,

Of course this topic has been covered countless times, yet I'm still stuck, one week later.

I finished my 7 minute montage made from GoPro 24FPS, Mavic  24FPS  and RX10 25 FPS clips ( harmonized to 24FPS with the modify > metering trick ). I used mainly defaults transitions and some Lumetri color grading and for the life of me it always get stuck at some point during export.

The only time I was successful was with lowest quality settings ( 0,19 Mbits/sec ) for a test. Target settings are : identical to source ( 4K, 24 FPS, H264 ), VBR 2 passes 20MBits/Sec, peak 25.

Output file was estimated to be around 1 Go so nothing outstanding. I freed 60 Go on both hardrives to let Premiere work with sufficient room.

Laptop is a MSI GE73 with i7 7700HQ, GTX 1070, 16Go RAM, Windows 10.. quite a strong machine for everything I do. Premiere is configured to use maximum RAM ( 13 Go ), still I got one message once during an export trial that it may run out of memory, so I switched the RAM use to Memory First instead of Performance in the settings.

It seems it's crashing due to the Lumetri effect, so I removed it from every single clips, and added an effect layer with Lumetri on top of the whole sequence, with same results. Don't see why such a simple effect can crash a not so complicated montage, as people are making complex movies without issues.

I pre-rendered everything in the timeline until everything is solid green, re-exported and crashed again with everything red again after, so cannot really see where the issue is coming from. Of course from the log I got different time code to check, but it can be randomly one transition or another one, never the same one from one export trial to another. I'm out of idea really..

Read and watched everyt YouTube tutorials about fixing these issues, copied sequence to a new one, switched from CUDA render to Mercury only, copied the whole project to a new file, saved it else where etc.. all the popular fixes.

Help much appreciated ! Want to get this video out and move on !

Thank you !

LOG ATTACHED

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Often when users say "my LUTs weren't applied" what actually happens is they're looking at the media outside of Premiere on a computer or screen without proper color management, and so they think they're corrections weren't applied.

You say that file, re-imported into Premiere, the corrections are missing. Ok ... then you're judging apples to apples.

Where are the LUTs you are using stored  on disc? Hopefully not in the program/package files folders, that is a big no-no. For general reference, I'm including the chart with the proper places to store user-added LUTs for use within Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, MediaEncoder and Prelude. Note: you do have to make the final pair of folders at that location, the Technical and Creative folders.

And what is the other Lumetri you checked on export?

Neil

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export, Formats, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your export settings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at work now so not right now but basically, just what I described above

Same settings as original source, VBR 2 passes, 20mbits target, 25 max

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a 4-core laptop with only 16GB of RAM, which is a low-end rig for Premiere work.

Then you're working with GoPro and drone long-GOP media, some of the nastiest editing media ever made.

Put the two together, you're having issues ain't a huge surprise.

What happens btw if you drop the 2-pass encode and go single pass? Very rarely does the 2-pass really help notably.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have render with maximum quality on or off?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized five or six mini movies so far, much more complex than this one, without any issues with that very same laptop, much more capable than it looks.

I just tried with single pass, same result, slightly different error code ( see below screen )

Indeed I checked the maximum quality render, then unchecked it with same failed export...

Removed every effects including transitions, with same export result. The only time it succeeded was with the lowest VBR setting of 0,19 Mbits/Sec

Settings.jpgset2.jpg

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to fix whatever is on the timeline at the given time in the error message.

Best is to delete that specific section on the timeline and do it again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send a screenshot of your timeline, specifically on the area of the timecode that the error is reffering to?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline.jpg

Here it is,

Tried that, but all render bar is green and as said above, timecode error changes everytime I re-start an export render, looks to be random. Tried deleting all transitions and re-making clips cuts, same results... that must be something else... is there a more detailed log ?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0