Highlighted

Sending to Audition All Clip Pull from Video File

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing multiple interviews. The interview audio is attached to one of the cameras. I'll edit my video, cameras, extra footage, etc. in Premiere and go to Edit>Edit in Adobe Audition to finish off the audio editing.

My settings for this are typically:

Selection: Entire Sequence

Video: None

Audio Handles: 2 seconds

Transfer Settings for both Audio and Track effects, and I include the Pan & Volume Information. Then have Audition automatically open up.

Previously when I've done this message it opens with individual audio clips with 2 second handles. After the most recent update, my audio in Audition seems to link to the .mov file and not an extracted audio file. I preferred it when it was extracted audio files with handles rather than a 20 minute audio clip it was referencing. I also find it odd the music I am editing with is sent as extracted audio, just none associated with a video file.

I assume this is a Premiere issue rather than an Audition issue with the data coming from Premiere. Has anyone else run into this and/or is there a way to ensure the files I'm sending from Premiere are extracted audio files with handles?

I'm working in Premiere Pro Version 14.3.2 and Audition version 13.0.9.41 on a Windows 10, 64 bit.

Topics

Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sending to Audition All Clip Pull from Video File

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing multiple interviews. The interview audio is attached to one of the cameras. I'll edit my video, cameras, extra footage, etc. in Premiere and go to Edit>Edit in Adobe Audition to finish off the audio editing.

My settings for this are typically:

Selection: Entire Sequence

Video: None

Audio Handles: 2 seconds

Transfer Settings for both Audio and Track effects, and I include the Pan & Volume Information. Then have Audition automatically open up.

Previously when I've done this message it opens with individual audio clips with 2 second handles. After the most recent update, my audio in Audition seems to link to the .mov file and not an extracted audio file. I preferred it when it was extracted audio files with handles rather than a 20 minute audio clip it was referencing. I also find it odd the music I am editing with is sent as extracted audio, just none associated with a video file.

I assume this is a Premiere issue rather than an Audition issue with the data coming from Premiere. Has anyone else run into this and/or is there a way to ensure the files I'm sending from Premiere are extracted audio files with handles?

I'm working in Premiere Pro Version 14.3.2 and Audition version 13.0.9.41 on a Windows 10, 64 bit.

Topics

Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2020 0

Have something to add?