Highlighted

September 2020 release (14.4) , nothing works, and crashes when try to close/exit

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

September 2020 release (14.4) , nothing works, and crashes when try to close/exit

Media wont play, nothing visible 

Previous version works fine, I've cleared media cache but still no luck.

I've reinstalled twice but no joy 😞

Never had any issues before, Windows 10 32gb ram, fast quad cpu , latest AMD drivers

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media wont play, nothing visible 

Previous version works fine, I've cleared media cache but still no luck.

I've reinstalled twice but no joy 😞

Never had any issues before, Windows 10 32gb ram, fast quad cpu , latest AMD drivers

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting premiere pro preferences (sometimes even after reinstalling the premiere pro old preferences are not deleted) -  

• To restore default preference settings and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option key when the splash screen appears.

Also, check for errors in the system compatibility report under the help menu. 

Vishu Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest you revert to the previous version til we get this sorted out...  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here with similar computer specs aned I use multiple SSD and HDD...Video previews do not play, only audio sometimes, Lumetri panels are a blank white screen, nothing responds. I reinstalled and cleared preferences, still nother. As of now, the software is bricked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

My specs are listed below. I tried opening multiple old and new files with similar issues. After 3 hours, I was able to get it running again after doing all the following steps; I am not sure if all of them were necessary but it is what worked this time,

• Complete Clean install of Premiere Pro
  • Complete reset of perferences in PP, empty media cache
  • updated Geforce Experience to latest version
  • Downloaded Nvidia's Studio Driver and ensured it was the active one
  • ensured IGPU was enabled in BIOS
  • turned off my second monitor -- this fixed a problem I was having with Davinci Resolve as well
  • reset which drives are used for which purposes (i.e. video Previews)
  • used a proxy file, I have not tried using a high resolution .mp4 file yet, but in the past the software would have a terrible amount of lag/ latency whenever I used 4k footage, even something as brief as 30 -60 seconds.

OS Version: Windows 10, ver. 1909, build 18363.1082

Premire Version: 14.4

RAM: 32gb, 29gb allocated for adobe software

Hardware specs: see screenshot

Drives: 2 ssd, 2 HDD, 1 NVME

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1070 ti

specs.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0