Highlighted

sequence and Multicam metadata not searchable

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love premiere's little search window on the editing page. you write your lognote to your imported video or audio file in the project, and you can search for those files by typing said lognote. Why does it not work this way with sequences? whether you're adding lognotes or other pieces of data in the metalogging pages to a sequence/multicam, none of that data is searchable. This is a real bummer because, if I'm syncing video and audio, i'm going to be using those sequences/multicams to make my final edit, and I'd like to use lognotes to help keep them organized. 

Is there some setting to enable searchable sequence metadata in premiere?

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 4.48.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-25 at 4.49.14 PM.png

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

sequence and Multicam metadata not searchable

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love premiere's little search window on the editing page. you write your lognote to your imported video or audio file in the project, and you can search for those files by typing said lognote. Why does it not work this way with sequences? whether you're adding lognotes or other pieces of data in the metalogging pages to a sequence/multicam, none of that data is searchable. This is a real bummer because, if I'm syncing video and audio, i'm going to be using those sequences/multicams to make my final edit, and I'd like to use lognotes to help keep them organized. 

Is there some setting to enable searchable sequence metadata in premiere?

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 4.48.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-25 at 4.49.14 PM.png

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same is true for markers data btw 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit the icon next to the search box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the quick answer! just to clarify, you're talking about the "create new search Bin from query" button?  Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 6.14.41 PM.png

I think I figured out the problem: when you create a timeline from a clip, the timeline inherits the name of the clip.

these two objects having the same name causes the timeline not to show up

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 6.21.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-25 at 6.23.28 PM.png

so I change the name of the seq...

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 6.37.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-25 at 6.37.29 PM.png

and it works 🙂 . the regular search function works now too 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, weird thing I've discovered here: if I add data to the sequence (lognote,tape,etc), then make a search bin, the seq won't show up in that bin unless I change the name of the seq evertime. weird 😕 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0