• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence.createSubsequence() doesn't work correctly

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AP 14.7 the methods Sequence.createSubsequence() and Sequence.clone() work exactly the same - they clone the sequence with all content but with different names. I hoped to make such as "nested dequence" method based on Sequence.createSubsequence(), but it was failed 😞

TOPICS
Error or problem , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

You're not doing anything wrong; the API behaves differently from the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

createSubsequence() has a param that will let the subsequence ignore existing track targeting. 

What other differences between clone(), and createSubsequence(), were you hoping for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hoped that Sequence.clone() is full analog for context menu "Duplicate" - the way it is. No arguments, sipmly method. Yes. Ok. It is logical to expect that Sequence.createSubsequence() is full analog for context menu "Make subsequence". Really I can't see the difference between these 2 methods both using "true" and "false" as boolean argument in createSubsequence(). 

I open any project, select any sequence and some clips in it and execute execute app.project.activeSequence.clone() - I get new sequence with all content and " Copy" suffix as result. Ok. I execute app.project.activeSequence.createSubsequence(true) and get the same result, but suffix is "_Sub_01". I execute app.project.activeSequence.createSubsequence(false) and get third identical sequence. If I executed the command "make subsequence" manually from context menu I'd get new sequence only with selected clips as content...

What I'm doing wrong?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're not doing anything wrong; the API behaves differently from the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines