Sequence resetting the video

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, A little bit of a beginner in Premiere Pro here. But I understand the basics.

For a short video I'm working on right now I have a screen recording of a mobile. However before the recording goes into the app (that I am showing) there is a few seconds where it shows the phone menu. So I made a new sequence where the screen recording is starting at the right time and added a phone layer and shadow. I saved the sequence and am using it in my main video.

So as I'm working on it for awhile, everything is fine and dandy. But suddently I notice that it is still starting at the phone menu, not the place where I cut it? if I check the sequence it is also starting with the phone menu. Sometimes this problem passes with time, Restarting Premiere pro fixes it, but after saving and working for about 3 minutes it's back again. It's very annoying to work with, any idea what causes it/how to get rid of it?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making cuts is a typical part of working in an NLE. So ... simply hitting the Q key where you want to the clip to start should remove the prior bits, and would be my typical way of handling this. Doesn't need a new sequence, it's expected. Most sequences will have cuts to the 'head' and 'tail' of nearly every clip used.

And often, you'll have multiple short bits of one longer clip used.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more