• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence settings (or maybe other settings in general) window is too large to navigate in.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to change the sequence settings in premiere pro, the window is literally too large for my laptop so I cannot reach the buttons below my screen, also I cannot resize the window too, I don't know how but I remember before resizing a window, but I can't do the same to the sequence settings. The window is also created in a way that it cannot go past the boundaries above your screen. Think there should be a fix for this or something. 

williamf99720735_1-1594301359114.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

I just enocountered the same issue. The only thing I can do to bypass that is to use the TAB key and I press enter once its gone past all the possible options and the only thing it could be is the save/confirm button that you can't see. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That´s an indication of that your computers screen resolution does not meet the minimum requirements.

Read this: Premiere Pro system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's probably the case, but let's find out what the actual screen resolution is...  I seem to remember this happening to me on my 15" macbookpro which did meet the minimum requirements.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the solution, but you might try resetting the workspace or connecting to an external monitor if possible...  and demaximize and remaximize the screen (not sure what the technical term for this is, but it's the icon at the top right to the left of the "x"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah tried minimising window but it makes no difference to changing the sequence settings because it cannot be changed. I think that premiere pro should at least be compatible to all screens and have some calibration for resolutions or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screen resolution is 1920x1080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's sufficient.   Have you tried resetting the workspace?  Also, I remember some posts about this issue.  Do some searching here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Display settings in Windows and make sure that "Make everything bigger" is set to 100%. I would also make sure that "Make text bigger" is set to 100% as well.

Averdahl_0-1594308643022.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My text is already at the 100% scale and the "make everything bigger" is at 150% as it is the recommended, and I remember seeing somewhere saying that it is not a good idea to not change it form the recommended option. Other than that, thought I cannot press a button to confirm changes in sequence settings, the settings at least show everything other than the buttons at the bottom, so I can just press enter to save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..and the "make everything bigger" is at 150% as it is the recommended

That´s what causes the issue you have. If you set it to 100% the problem will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you can't solve it by making everything smaller, remember that to accept a configuration in a dialog box you can always directly press the Enter / Return key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just enocountered the same issue. The only thing I can do to bypass that is to use the TAB key and I press enter once its gone past all the possible options and the only thing it could be is the save/confirm button that you can't see. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I almost cried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you think connecting to my TV can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the resolution settings on my laptop, which reframed the screen for me so I could see the button. Simply change the settings back once you are done if you prefered the previous resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines