• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence thumbnail appearance in footage bin - is this possible?

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One really annoying (but simple) thing for me is that the appearance of the sequence thumbnail is too similar to the clips in my bin. I know there's a different icon in the corner but it doesn't really help - it's really difficult to scan over it and differentiate them.

Anything would work. Even if there's a way to disable the video preview for just the thumnails.

Does anyone feel the same way or have any workarounds?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't store sequences in bins of media. I store sequences with sequences.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niel, if I only have 5 or 6 clips and one sequence it doesn't make sense for me to make bins for everything. I just use the default bin that's created. It just makes it really hard to identify quickly because they all look the same (even the same name as the first clip I dragged onto it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would upvote your feature request. Have you made one yet, Harry? You need to head to User Voice for that. Here is the link.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I voted for your idea.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand we all work differently. One editor teaches four others and supervises their work for three years. At the end of that three years, you have five different editing styles and practices. Who can work under a prescribed system as directed, but each has their own ways they would choose to work.

It's simple quick organizational stuff, and I'm not always the most organized editor. But I always rename sequences and quickly drag/drop them to Sequence bin which takes 3 seconds to do. Saves time and frustration.

It would be wonderful if you filed a UserVoice request as Kevin noted, and they actually made the change.

Until then ... I'll take the five seconds to rename the sequence and three to drag/drop to the appropriate bin, out of sheer practicality.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines