• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequences multiplying every time I drag one to the timeline.

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a big project and have it broken down into several sequences. I've been away from Premiere for awhile. Whenever I drag a sequence to the timeline, it produces another sequence at the bottom of the list. This becomes very confusing as I lose track of which one has been edited. What is going on? How can I drag a sequence onto the timeline without it producing another one on the sequence list?

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

I get your confusion... here's what's happening: dragging a sequence to the timeline is how you create a nested version of that sequence. It is a new, separate sequence. That is supposed to happen. You probably dragged it to the timeline because that's what you do with "clips" (individual pieces of media). But, don't drag sequences unless you intend to create a new nested version of that sequence. 

What to do instead to open a sequence in the timeline? Double click it. No duplicates or nests cre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get your confusion... here's what's happening: dragging a sequence to the timeline is how you create a nested version of that sequence. It is a new, separate sequence. That is supposed to happen. You probably dragged it to the timeline because that's what you do with "clips" (individual pieces of media). But, don't drag sequences unless you intend to create a new nested version of that sequence. 

What to do instead to open a sequence in the timeline? Double click it. No duplicates or nests created... the sequence just opens in the timeline. The confusing part is: double clicking a media item in a bin does NOT send it to the timeline... it causes it to open in the source monitor. This will take some getting used to, perhaps. But it shouldn't throw you off for long now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

why is my tiimeline duplicating itself each time I enter any clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!! A thousand thank yous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines