• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious drop in performance After Wiping computer and New account

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i just made my own account on a hand me down laptop from my brother(Macbook pro 2017 13 inch, barely just 2 years old as of time of purchase ) which would run premiere pro any and all effects including immersive video perfectly fine even with many layers and didnt have to render anything in order to watch it back smoothly. Now premiere ran super smooth while i was still on his account. Now that i completely wiped the computer and created my own account and downloaded premiere,the immersive video effects and transitions say they need CPU acceleration, which before they didnt, and literally a cut or a cross dissolve has to be rendered to play it back smoothly. Im editing in 1/4 preview resolution, have Mercury GPU Acceleration OpenCL enabled, i tried clearing unused cache, i reserved the least amount of memory possible to other apps so that i have 7 gigs of memory dedicated to premiere, and nothing has worked. I also kept the same operating system and same version of premiere as previous, but just different accounts. One thing that i think might play a part is that before i used premiere for the first time, i used after effects to make a simple saber plugin render, which i was also able to edit in smoothly with no issues. Also whenever i render the footage so i can actually see the applied clips and effects, the render is super slow and the fans start blasting. I dont have any other applications installed besides After Effects, Lightroom, OBS, and Minecraft. Any help please?

Edit:Ive reinstalled and still no solution

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?