• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set color function HSL Secondary on Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a new computer for video editing and I installed Premiere Pro on it. I was trying to color grade one of my footages and I noticed that when I use the Set Color icon and click on red-colored object it highlights green color and vice versa!

This never happened on my old computer. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it? Thanks!

[title edited by mod]

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Thanks for your answers, I just figured out what the problem was. Turns out that having the secondary monitor on (I use a Zenbook Pro Duo) kind of mess up with the color picking process. I can get around this by briefly turning the secondary monitor off. Once that's done the color picking process seems accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  Are you using the lumetri panel to color correct or one of the color correction filters.  Lumetri's the way to go.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs:

Windows 10, Premiere Pro 2020 Version 14.1.0, 32 GB of RAM, Graphics Card is GeForce RTX 2060. I am using Lumetri's Set Color dropper in the HSL Secondary panel to selectively manipulate specific colors.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you check the color/grey box, you should see the color area you are selecting for manipulation turn grey.   Is that happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening, but the weird thing is sometime the areas I did not select shows up instead of the areas I did select. Sometimes nothing is selected at all even though I did drop on a specific color. Is this a hardware problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check help:  system compatability report and see if there are any problems and make sure that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers, I just figured out what the problem was. Turns out that having the secondary monitor on (I use a Zenbook Pro Duo) kind of mess up with the color picking process. I can get around this by briefly turning the secondary monitor off. Once that's done the color picking process seems accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for posting the solution. Not enough people do..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines