Exit

Set Timecode Issue When Exporting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to set my timecode to 00:59:54:00 for my ProRes 422 HQ Export:

PXL_20201030_041337113.jpg

But the export is disregarding the "Set Start Timecode" and instead carrying over the starting timecode from the sequence:

PXL_20201030_041442508.jpg

I have never had this issue before, and it seems to have been introduced in the update from 9 days ago. Is anyone else having this issue? I have a delivery that's due on my film, and I would appreciate any feedback/assistance. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Update to this:

In case anyone else runs into this issue, I seem to have found a workaround by exporting via Media Encoder instead. The Set Start Timecode works properly only when I export through Media Encoder, not directly out of Premiere Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to this:

In case anyone else runs into this issue, I seem to have found a workaround by exporting via Media Encoder instead. The Set Start Timecode works properly only when I export through Media Encoder, not directly out of Premiere Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work in either case for me.

I have mt TC start set to 00;58;30;00 and it starts it at zero no matter what on export. Getting very angry as this is killing me on delivery to spec to the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Seems like a simple feature, and yet it doesn't work at all. Did you figure something out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are, five months later and the issue still remains. Can someone from official support please step in? The export of the timecode from the timeline via direct export or Media Encoder does NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whjy doesnt it match timecode in my timeline which is 29.97 Dropframe. Instead it exports starting at ZERO and non-drop! WTF!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem with any of the 2023 versions.  I tried the "export via AME" workaround and it worked on one sequence but not a second (a dupe of the first with minor changes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a major flaw that has yet to be addressed and a fundamental basic function in the industry? Why is this even a thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems to be a PRO RES HQ issue on PC. on MAC works fine, using another codec on PC  also works fine. TRhis needs to be fixed now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I am on Mac Big Sur and exporting to ProRes HQ and I have the problem.  When inspecting the problem files with MediaInfo, I see some oddities in the TC area.  I have not tested a different codec though I did want to.

The fact that CC2024 is out probably means this is a dead issue.  But I need to stay on Big Sur for various reasons meaning CC2022 is the last viable version if you need to work in a professional environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MAC on 2024 seems be ok but it was a small test file an not the project in question. Other codecs it worked fine but PRORES HQ is my deliverable to a network so this is a porblem. Basic funtions need to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines