Highlighted

Setting an offset on all captions without moving the whole clip

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry if I'm not clear, I'm not fluent in English.

I'll try to be short : I set my caption at 01:00:11:14 from the beginning of my timeline (01:00:00:00)

But for some reason whent I export my CEA-601 subtitles as sidecar .SRT, all captions has an offset of 11 seconds and 14 frames. I tried to trim (not sure about tha word) but you can't trim the beginning of your clip. So i manualy set each timecodes of each captions with an offset of 11:14.

I wonder if there is a way to do that to all captions at the same time. It's quite time-consuming.

I checked in the .SRT file and each timecodes are set as if the clip was at the beginning of my timeline.

I would like not to do all this reset again.

Thank you for your time, i need help to save some of mine !

TOPICS
Editing, Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Setting an offset on all captions without moving the whole clip

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry if I'm not clear, I'm not fluent in English.

I'll try to be short : I set my caption at 01:00:11:14 from the beginning of my timeline (01:00:00:00)

But for some reason whent I export my CEA-601 subtitles as sidecar .SRT, all captions has an offset of 11 seconds and 14 frames. I tried to trim (not sure about tha word) but you can't trim the beginning of your clip. So i manualy set each timecodes of each captions with an offset of 11:14.

I wonder if there is a way to do that to all captions at the same time. It's quite time-consuming.

I checked in the .SRT file and each timecodes are set as if the clip was at the beginning of my timeline.

I would like not to do all this reset again.

Thank you for your time, i need help to save some of mine !

TOPICS
Editing, Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0

Have something to add?